Scroll down for more news & Marti's Favorite Link
- You can cut 5 sizes of circles with our Drunkard's Path Templates, and download 10 pages of Drunkard's Path graph pages to color and design your own Drunkard's Path quilt variations.
- If you're making a Giant Dahlia quilt, you can download a Giant Dahlia coloring page here.
- A new block pattern has been added to the free patterns page. And new photos have been added to the Quilt Show pages. To go to that section of our site, click the link in the horizontal nav bar under Marti's picture. (Don't forget, you can click Marti's picture any time, from any page, to return to the home page.)
- Print out an index of Blocks in the Set Q booklet that comes with that template set. The index also includes blocks in the Set R template set that you can make with Sets Q and R combined.
- We were all very excited when Marti was presented tthe 2004 Silver Star Award. The award is presented annually by Quilts, Inc. and International Quilt Festival to a living person whose body of work has positively influenced, promoted, and developed the art of quilting. Marti received the award at a dinner attended by about 500 people at the International Quilt Festival in Houston, Texas, and at the end of the evening, we surprised Marti with a friendship quilt made by about 150 of her closest friends! A career retrospective and special exhibit of Marti's quilts, books, and memorabilia was also on display during the show, and now that we've found the pictures, we'll post some soon.
- Many issues of Fons & Porter's Love of Quilting magazine has been converted to templates so you can make some of the great patchwork quilts in the magazine. Print from our web pages or download PDFs.
- Show-and Tell ~ If you've made a quilt using one of our products - a set of templates, one of Marti's books, a pattern, or one of our rulers or other tools ~ please send us an e-mail with a 72dpi jpeg of your scanned or digital photo attached. We'd like to see your quilt, and share it with other visitors on an upcoming show-and-tell page.
- Marti is blogging now (see link at right). You might enjoy reading her Quilt Journal, too.
- Want more information about Machine Quilting in Sections, Marti's book that was mentioned in our TV commercial?
Marti's Favorite Link
Shades Hand-dyed Textiles is the source of those beautiful hand-dyed fabrics you've seen in some of Marti's quilts that have been featured on television and in magazines, and in Marti's classes. Shades' hand-dyed fabrics are created by the Michells' daughter, Stacy.
Because so many quilters asked about the fabrics in the "Vivid Dahlia" quilt, Stacy now sells a fabric kit for making a quilt just like it. (You can read about the Dahlia templates here.)