Cut and Chain Piece Four Patch Units
You might be surprised
at how quickly you can quick cut and chain piece with Perfect Patchwork
Templates, too. Try this wonderful technique for making four patches.
- Place two fabrics right sides together.
- Cut strips the width of the square template you are using.
- If the strips weren't 6 or 8 fabric layers high when you cut them,
layer them now.
- Cut squares and nip the corners.
- Chain piece, picking up two pieces at a time so they don't shift
out of alignment. Alternate the fabric that is on top (this pair
light on top, that pair dark). The chain can be as long as you want.
- Press seam allowances toward the darker fabric. Cut apart in pairs.
Place the first pair right sides together and sew into a four-patch.
Chain piece the remaining pairs.
from the Encyclopedia
of Patchwork Blocks, Volume 1 published by Michell Marketing, Inc. ©1995 Martha G. Michell
Finished Sizes of Perfect Patchwork Templates Squares
It is true that, with a ruler, you can cut strips any size you can measure. These 21 Perfect Patchwork Template squares, between 1” and 6” finished size, are currently available and have matching half square triangles:
Download a printable PDF.